The definitive guide to Nikon's top consumer camera is here.
Current version: 1.00
Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D90 helps you understand and master the use of the Nikon D90 digital
With almost 1000 pages of detailed, complete, and useful information, you'll find all your questions about the camera and how to use it answered. Unlike previous Complete Guides, this time you get more than a single PDF file. You get three primary works:
- The Complete Guide to the Nikon D90 1st Edition: this 800+ page eBook (PDF file) contains everything you'd want to know about the D90 and how to use it, including how to use it as a video camera. You'll find deep explanations with more examples and suggestions than in previous and other guides, all in the no-nonsense and understandable writing style for which Thom Hogan has become famous. No matter how well you think you know the D90, you'll find things in this work that you didn't know about the camera (try pressing the OK button twice while reviewing an image; surprised?). That's why it's called a "complete guide."
- Introduction to Nikon Software 2nd Edition: another 145 pages of useful information in eBook form (PDF file), this time about the software (both supplied and optional) that Nikon produces for its DSLR cameras. This work includes sections on the current versions of Nikon Transfer, Nikon ViewNX, Nikon Camera Control Pro, and Nikon Capture NX2. There's enough here to get you started using Nikon's software, and probably a few things the experts amongst you didn't know, as well. Third-party software as well as workflow is briefly covered in this first edition (Thom expects to expand this in future editions now that the work is separate from the Complete Guides).
- The Nikon D90 To Go 1st Edition: this 128-page printed (yes, printed) portable guide is excerpted from the Complete Guide text and contains only those things you need to know when out shooting. Basically, the reference information and step-by-step instructions that are in the Complete Guide have been all put into a portable reference you can carry with you. Includes Table of Contents and Index to help find things fast.
Click Here to Order
But wait, there's more. Thom has revisited the support files he provides with his Complete Guides, so now you also get:
- A second heaping helping of Photoshop Actions. Besides all the Photoshop Actions that were supplied with previous Complete Guides, now there's another whole file full of interesting and useful actions.
- Settings, settings, settings. A worksheet with suggested settings is included.
- The Complete Guide Worksheets. Accurate and complete Depth of Field, Flash, Macro, and Storage worksheets to calculate your own values for many useful functions.
- Workflow Videos. Three short, to-the-point videos that step you through the same basic workflow for D90 images, but with three different sets of software (Nikon's own, a mix-and-match combination, and the all-Adobe version).
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D90 is a must-own for any D90 user. There simply isn't any other work out there that comes close to touching the detail, usefulness, or completeness of this work. The work is supplied on CD-ROM for all the electronic files plus a printed Nikon D90 to Go guide for $39.95
plus shipping and handling, and can only be purchased
from this site.
Click Here to Order
- Organized to help you learn. Completely reorganized and fine tuned, with distinct sections for what you need to know before using the camera (background and setup), while using the camera (shooting features), and after using the camera (what to do with your images). Software questions? That's in the separate Introduction to Nikon Software eBook so it doesn't clutter up the camera info. Want a more concise carry-it-with-you guide? You got it in the D90 to Go you get with your order.
complete instruction manual and an introduction to relevant
digital issues in one book. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide
to the Nikon D90 manages to not only fully describe every
feature of the D90 in clear, easy-to-understand language, but
gives you rich, technical background for many of the critical
issues that confront digital camera users. First time DSLR users will get information about how DSLRs work. DSLR veterans will get insights into how to set their D90 for the best results.
- Nikon flash and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how the new I-TTL flash works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, Closest Focus Priority, the new AF-A autofocus mode, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D90 explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller. Includes information on how to use the D90's Commander mode wireless flash option.
- Note: The eBook covers the MB-D80 and most other currently available D90 options and accessories.
say about the first edition of this The Complete Guide to the Nikon D90:
pages, eBook (Macintosh and Windows CD-ROM supplied; uses Acrobat
Reader) + 128-page portable printed guide. North American orders: $39.95 plus $6.95 shipping and handling. International orders: $39.95 plus $9.95 shipping and handling.
New work, no comments yet.
Published by byThom Press.
PLEASE ALLOW FOUR WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
product is mailed to you on a CD-ROM and 128-page portable reference (shipped Priority Mail in the
First Class Mail outside the US). The PDF files are in Adobe Acrobat format and require the
free Acrobat Reader 6.x or later. Downloadable versions are not available. The
eBook is cross referenced with bookmarks for the complete
Table of Contents. You may print a copy of the PDF files you get for your
own personal use.
product is only available from this Web site and only on CD (plus the printed portable guide).
Please don't support or encourage piracy and illegal copying.