The definitive guide to Nikon's top consumer camera is here.
Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000 helps you understand and master the use of the Nikon D7000 DSLR.
With over 800 pages of detailed, complete, and useful information, you'll find all your questions about the camera and how to use it answered. You get more than a single PDF file. You get three primary works:
- The Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000: this 800+ page eBook (PDF file and optional B&W paperback version) contains everything you'd want to know about the D7000 and how to use it. You'll find deep explanations with more examples and suggestions than in previous and other guides, all in the no-nonsense and understandable writing style for which Thom Hogan has become famous. No matter how well you think you know the D7000, you'll find things in this work that you didn't know about the cameras. That's why it's called a "complete guide."
- Introduction to Nikon Software, 3rd edition: another 200+ pages of useful information in eBook form (PDF file), this time about the software (both supplied and optional, including Excel worksheets and Photoshop actions that Thom supplies) that Nikon produces for its DSLR cameras. This work includes sections on the current versions of Nikon Transfer, Nikon ViewNX, Nikon Camera Control Pro, and Nikon Capture NX2. There's enough here to get you started using Nikon's software, and probably a few things the experts amongst you didn't know, as well. Third-party software as well as workflow is briefly covered in this first edition (Thom expects to expand this in future editions now that the work is separate from the Complete Guides).
- The Nikon D7000 To Go: this 148+ page printed (yes, printed) and spiral bound (lay flat) pocket guide is excerpted from the Complete Guide text and contains only those things you need to know when out shooting. Basically, the reference information and step-by-step instructions that are in the Complete Guide have been all put into a portable reference you can carry with you. Complete with table of contents and index. You asked for it; you got it!
To Order, Click Here
(whether via the Web or Mail Order)
But wait, there's more. Thom has revisited the support files he provides with his Complete Guides, so now you also get:
- A second heaping helping of Photoshop Actions. Besides all the Photoshop Actions that were supplied with previous Complete Guides, now there's another whole file full of interesting and useful actions.
- Settings, settings, settings. The settings Thom uses on his D7000 are included on the disc (note that these files only work with cameras on the current firmware revisions as of 2/11/2011), along with a worksheet that matches these settings. You even get a UniWB file to load into your camera and use.
- Focus adjustment chart. If you want to use the AF Fine Tune feature, you need something reliable to use to check your work. Now you have it.
- The Complete Guide Worksheets. Accurate and complete Depth of Field, Flash, Macro, and Storage worksheets to calculate your own values for many useful functions.
- Workflow Videos. Three short, to-the-point videos that step you through the same basic workflow for D7000 images, but with three different sets of software (Nikon's own, a mix-and-match combination, and the all-Adobe version).
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000 is a must-own for any D7000 user. There simply isn't any other work out there that comes close to touching the detail, usefulness, or completeness of this work. The work is supplied on CD-ROM for all the electronic files plus a printed Nikon D7000 to Go guide for $39.95
plus shipping and handling, and can only be purchased
from this site.
To Order, Click Here
- Organized to help you learn. Completely reorganized and fine tuned, with distinct sections for what you need to know before using the camera (background and setup), while using the camera (shooting features), and after using the camera (what to do with your images). Software questions? That's in the separate Introduction to Nikon Software eBook so it doesn't clutter up the camera info. Want a more concise carry-it-with-you guide? You got it in the D7000 To Go you get with your order.
complete instruction manual and an introduction to relevant
digital issues in one book. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide
to the Nikon D7000 manages to not only fully describe every
feature of the D7000 series in clear, easy-to-understand language, but
gives you rich, technical background for many of the critical
issues that confront digital camera users. First time DSLR users will get information about how DSLRs work. DSLR veterans will get insights into how to set their D7000 bodies for the best results. Video users get information on how to use the video functions on the D7000, including getting more manual control than Nikon normally allows.
- Nikon flash and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how the new I-TTL flash works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, Closest Focus Priority, the new AF-A autofocus mode, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000 explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller. Includes mini-instructions for the SB-400, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, and SB-900.
- Note: The eBook does not cover the WT-4 wireless transceiver.
eReader and iPad users: the PDF files have been tested only on the B&N Nook Color, the Kindle 3, and iPad using the Goodreader application. Other devices are not supported (though they may be able to use the files), and due to the everchanging and chaotic nature of eReader software, it's possible that future updates to those eReaders could break the PDF support and require you to purchase an update in the future.
said about the first edition of The Complete Guide to the Nikon D7000:
pages, eBook (Macintosh and Windows CD-ROM supplied; uses Acrobat
Reader) + portable printed guide. eBooks can be used on Kindle 3, Nook Color, and on iPad using Goodreader.
[new work, no user comments yet]
Published by byThom Press.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO FOUR WEEKS FOR DELIVERY (ITALY ALLOW UP TO SIX WEEKS). US delivery usually takes two or three days after I ship, however the USPS doesn't guarantee this.
product is mailed to you on a CD-ROM and printed portable reference (shipped Priority Mail in the
First Class Mail outside the US). The PDF files are in Adobe Acrobat format and require the
free Acrobat Reader 6.x or later. Downloadable versions are not available. The
eBook is cross referenced with bookmarks for the complete
Table of Contents. You may print a copy of the PDF files you get for your
own personal use. If you opt to purchase the printed version, note that it is in black and white only.
product is only available from this Web site and only on CD (plus the abbreviated portable guide).
Please don't support or encourage piracy and illegal copying.