The definitive guide to Nikon's top pro cameras is here.
<--CD plus portable reference -->
Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x helps you understand and master the use of the Nikon D3 series of digital
With 1000 pages of detailed, complete, and useful information, you'll find all your questions about the camera and how to use it answered. Unlike previous Complete Guides, this time you get more than a single PDF file. You get three primary works:
- The Complete Guide to the Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x: this 798 page eBook (PDF file) contains everything you'd want to know about the D3, D3s, and D3x and how to use them. You'll find deep explanations with more examples and suggestions than in previous and other guides, all in the no-nonsense and understandable writing style for which Thom Hogan has become famous. No matter how well you think you know the D3 series, you'll find things in this work that you didn't know about the cameras. That's why it's called a "complete guide."
- Introduction to Nikon Software, 2nd edition: another 100+ pages of useful information in eBook form (PDF file), this time about the software (both supplied and optional) that Nikon produces for its DSLR cameras. This work includes sections on the current versions of Nikon Transfer, Nikon ViewNX, Nikon Camera Control Pro, and Nikon Capture NX2. There's enough here to get you started using Nikon's software, and probably a few things the experts amongst you didn't know, as well. Third-party software as well as workflow is briefly covered in this first edition (Thom expects to expand this in future editions now that the work is separate from the Complete Guides).
- The Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x To Go: this 140-page printed (yes, printed) and spiral bound (lay flat) pocket guide is excerpted from the Complete Guide text and contains only those things you need to know when out shooting. Basically, the reference information and step-by-step instructions that are in the Complete Guide have been all put into a portable reference you can carry with you. Complete with table of contents and index. You asked for it; you got it!
To Order, Click Here
(whether via the Web or Mail Order--no preordering accepted)
But wait, there's more. Thom has revisited the support files he provides with his Complete Guides, so now you also get:
- A second heaping helping of Photoshop Actions. Besides all the Photoshop Actions that were supplied with previous Complete Guides, now there's another whole file full of interesting and useful actions.
- Settings, settings, settings. The settings Thom uses on his D3, D3s, and D3x are included on the disc (note that these files only work with cameras on the current firmware revisions as of 3/29/2010), along with a worksheet that matches these settings. You even get a UniWB file to load into your cameras and use.
- Focus adjustment chart. If you want to use the AF Fine Tune feature, you need something reliable to use to check your work. Now you have it.
- The Complete Guide Worksheets. Accurate and complete Depth of Field, Flash, Macro, and Storage worksheets to calculate your own values for many useful functions.
- Workflow Videos. Three short, to-the-point videos that step you through the same basic workflow for D3 series images, but with three different sets of software (Nikon's own, a mix-and-match combination, and the all-Adobe version).
- Intro to DSLRs: a short and to the point ePamphlet that separates out the introductory information for those new to DSLR cameras.
The Complete Guide to the Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x is a must-own for any D3, D3s, or D3x user. There simply isn't any other work out there that comes close to touching the detail, usefulness, or completeness of this work. The work is supplied on CD-ROM for all the electronic files plus a printed Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x to Go guide for $39.95
plus shipping and handling, and can only be purchased
from this site.
To Order, Click Here
- Organized to help you learn. Completely reorganized and fine tuned, with distinct sections for what you need to know before using the camera (background and setup), while using the camera (shooting features), and after using the camera (what to do with your images). Software questions? That's in the separate Introduction to Nikon Software eBook so it doesn't clutter up the camera info. Want a more concise carry-it-with-you guide? You got it in the D3, D3s, and D3x To Go you get with your order.
complete instruction manual and an introduction to relevant
digital issues in one book. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide
to the Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x manages to not only fully describe every
feature of the D3 series in clear, easy-to-understand language, but
gives you rich, technical background for many of the critical
issues that confront digital camera users. First time DSLR users will get information about how DSLRs work. DSLR veterans will get insights into how to set their D3 bodies for the best results.
- Nikon flash and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how the new I-TTL flash works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, Closest Focus Priority, the new AF-A autofocus mode, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon D3, D3s, and D3x explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller.
- Note: The eBook does not currently cover the WT-4 wireless transceiver.
said about the first edition of The Complete Guide to the Nikon D3:
pages, eBook (Macintosh and Windows CD-ROM supplied; uses Acrobat
Reader) + 140-page portable printed guide. eBook can be used on Kindle 2 and DX devices, and on iPad using Goodreader.
"I learned a lot of tips and tricks from your book that I didn't glean from the manual." -R. Von Mayr
"The D3 manual is everything I could have wanted." --D. Moore
"I like your clear, precise and logical approach to each subject." --P Popplewell
"I am thoroughly pleased with the detail and clarity in which you present the material." --S Lindquist
"This is the information that I have been searching for. It already was well worth the money." -- K. Asher
"The Complete Guide to the Nikon D3 is great. I find myself reading portions over again to understand all the implications." --R. Turner
Published by byThom Press.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO FOUR WEEKS FOR DELIVERY (ITALY ALLOW UP TO SIX WEEKS). US delivery usually takes two or three days after I ship, however the USPS doesn't guarantee this.
product is mailed to you on a CD-ROM and 128-page portable reference (shipped Priority Mail in the
First Class Mail outside the US). The PDF files are in Adobe Acrobat format and require the
free Acrobat Reader 6.x or later. Downloadable versions are not available. The
eBook is cross referenced with bookmarks for the complete
Table of Contents. You may print a copy of the PDF files you get for your
own personal use. If you opt to purchase the printed version, note that it is in black and white only.
product is only available from this Web site and only on CD (plus the abbreviated portable guide).
Please don't support or encourage piracy and illegal copying.